Ginger Beer Mustard BBQ Sauce
Mustard based BBQ sauce is a classic condiment in the Carolina’s. It’s typically served with pork (especially pulled pork) and really amplifies the smokey meat. This isn’t something that you typically find in your local grocery store but making it is super simple. And it will keep in a sealed jar for a week so you’ll have plenty for any leftovers.
Ginger and mustard is another classic combination, so we’re going to use some ginger beer to bring this BBQ sauce to a whole new level.
Recipe Tips: Be careful not to burn the sauce when simmering. It only needs to simmer for about 5 minutes for it to come together as it will thicken as it cools as well.
Reeds Beer Mustard BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup Reeds Ginger Beer
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tbsp whole ground mustard
- 1.5 tbsp turbinado sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper or a couple grinds of fresh cracked
- combine all ingredients in a small pan over low/medium low heat
- whisk together and bring to a simmer
- simmer until slightly thickened (about 5 minutes)