Spiced Pomegranate Bourbon Whiskey Cocktail
I do enjoy bourbon/whiskey neat from time to time but I also enjoy my cocktails too. I wanted to create a cocktail for the holiday season so my mind immediately went to cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. My mind also went the fruit readily available during the holiday season and pomegranate and grapefruit instantly popped up (so did cranberries but they didn’t make the cut)
So after a little trial and error, I landed on a spiced pomegranate simple syrup with fresh grapefruit juice and bourbon cocktail. The pomegranate simple syrup has been spiced with cinnamon, clove and nutmeg and sweetened with honey. And they syrup can be used in multiple applications. My wife doesn’t appreciate whiskey since her bachelorette party so I made her a gin based cocktail that she really enjoyed.
This can be served at room temperature but I enjoy my cocktail cold. If you are wondering how to make clear ice, head to the recipe index and I’ve got the guide just for you. Normal ice works just fine though, it’s just not as fancy!
Spiced Pomegranate Bourbon Cocktail
- 1 part Spiced Pomegranate Simple Syrup
- 1 part Grapefruit Juice
- 4 parts Bourbon (whiskey)
- 1 Lime Wedge
Spiced Pomegranate Simple Syrup
- 1 cup Pomegranate Juice
- ½ cup Honey
- 2 sticks Cinnamon
- 3 whole Cloves
- ⅛ tsp Nutmeg fresh is best
For the Spiced Pomegranate Simple Syrup
- Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Mix until well combined
- Bring to a simmer and simmer for 5 minutes
- Remove from heat and let steep until cool (about 30 minutes)
- Discard cinnamon and cloves
- Store in airtight squeeze bottle or mason jar. Refrigerate until ready for use
For the drink
- Combine all ingredients in glass with ice. Mix and enjoy.