Peanut Butter Cup Martini
As the days get colder and shorter and the holidays get closer, there’s no better time to whip up this peanut butter cup martini. This indulgent beverage is perfect whether it’s for a gathering or to simply unwind after a long day. Or for breakfast. Don’t let me tell you how to live your life.
Obviously this drink tries to capture the sinfully addictive candy that we all know and love. But in a drinkable adult form. This concoction combines the rich flavors of creamy peanut butter and decadent chocolate with hearty backbone of bourbon. It’s sophisticated, elegant and nostalgic and a perfect addition to anybody’s mixology repertoire looking for a sweet dessert cocktail.
WHAT BOURBON SHOULD I USE?
Here are some of my favorite bourbons that won’t break the bank. But anything that you prefer in the 90-100 proof range will certainly work
Under $30 (usually)
- Buffalo Trace
- Wild Turkey 101
- Blue Note Juke Joint
Under $45 (usually)
- Blue Note Crossroads
- Basil Hayden
- Penelope Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Tips for making the best Peanut Butter Cup Martini
I’ve said it many times before and it’s still worth repeating. The fewer the ingredients the more the technique matter. Here’s a list of things to maximize your new favorite cocktail.
- Quality Ingredients – Please choose a high-quality peanut butter Irish cream and chocolate liqueur for a more pleasurable and rich flavor profile. Obviously opt for a tasty bourbon to ensure a smooth and well balanced martini. See my recommendations above. Or use vodka if you so choose.
- Garnish Creatively – Remember, your eyes always eat and drink first. With that in mind, garnish your drink to elevate your presentation. Besides hanging a peanut butter cup on the side you could rim the glass with a shaved cholate, sugar, crushed peanuts mixture.
- Perfect Proportions – I don’t eyeball any of my drinks and neither should you. Carefully measure out your ingredients to achieve a repeatable cocktail for every serving. Then experiment with the ratios to develop a blend that fits your taste preference.
Other recipes you may like
Peanut Butter Cup Martini
- 1 ½ ounces Peanut Butter Irish Cream peanut butter cream liqueur (see notes)
- 1 ounce Chocolate Liqueur
- 1 ounce Bourbon see notes
- 2-3 dashes Chocolate Bitters optional
- ¼ ounce simple syrup very optional (see notes)
- Combine the peanut butter Irish cream, chocolate liqueur, bourbon and chocolate bitters (if using) in a shaker cup. (add the simple syrup if you want a slightly sweeter drink depending on your taste).
- Shake vigorously until the cup is very cold to the touch. Stain into a prepared glass
- Garnish with a peanut butter cup and shaved chocolate for the full effect.