Maple Praline Bacon
Maple praline bacon is a very simple, but mouth watering, sweet tooth fixin’, savory tasting additive to any meal. Or just eat it by itself. There’s no judgement here.
Even better, it only take takes 4 ingredients and about 30 minutes of time. Par cook the bacon, prepare the praline, then finish it it all together. It’s just a quick and easy treat.
Tips For Preparing the Maple Bacon Praline
Cook Bacon in the Oven – There are many ways to prepare bacon, but for this you want the bacon to be a flat as possible. That happens the best when cooked in the oven.
Under Cook the Bacon – Since the praline topping is being added to the bacon and then cooked again, don’t overcook the bacon the first time. It will burn that second time around.
Prepare the Praline – For varying degrees texture, be sure to not chop up the pecans too fine, you do want some bigger pieces in there. I prefer to just use my knife, but you can always use this blender.
Use Good Maple Syrup – The cheap stuff just isn’t good. At all. Pony up the couple extra bucks for the good stuff. It will be worth it.
Use Regular Pecans – If you don’t have candied pecans, use regular pecans but double the amount of sugar and maple syrup called for in the recipe.
Make Your Own Bacon – Of course it’s not necessary, but it would be a nice touch.
Other Recipes You May Like
Homemade Maple Bacon because praline bacon with homemade bacon is a huge flex.
Maple Bacon Old Fashioned praline bacon is an awesome edible garnish.
Smoked Candied Pecans because you need candied pecans for the recipe anyways!
Maple Praline Bacon
- ½ pound bacon
- ¼ cup candied pecans see note if using regular pecans
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar see note if using regular pecans
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup the good stuff
- Wrap a sheet pan in foil and lay out the bacon. Put into a cold oven and then set temp to 400°. Cook until almost at desired crispiness. (for me that happens at around 20-25 minutes)
- Meanwhile, chop up the pecans and then mix with the brown sugar and maple syrup. Set aside while the bacon is cooking.
- Once the bacon is almost at done cooking, remove from the oven and drain the excess grease. Then press the maple syrup/brown sugar/pecan topping onto the bacon. Pat the mixture to adhere to the bacon.
- Place the bacon back into the oven and cook until the topping is bubbly (around 5 minutes). Remove from oven and immediately take bacon off the pan and onto a baking rack or plate. Serve warm and enjoy!